Affordable Housing Consultancy
Scarlett Land and Development have long experience in the Affordable Housing sector with specific focus on the Edinburgh market. Our firm is appointed by The City of Edinburgh Council (CEC) to their Agency Framework and as such we provide advice to CEC with regards to Affordable Housing.
Our work includes:
- Advising The City of Edinburgh Council (CEC) in relation to it’s target of delivering 10,000 Affordable Housing units
- Affordable Housing viability; on-site, off-site, commuted sum, Golden-Share.
- Helping to shape an Affordable Housing policy in Edinburgh that is specific to the BTR sector and which addresses key concerns of Institutional Investors; key attributes can include:
- 25% of the units are defined as Intermediate Rent (IR)
- IR units can be pepper potted (not required to be in a separate block)
- IR units can be controlled and operated by the Institutional Investor (not by an RSL)
- IR rental levels are set at BRMA 30th percentile (not at LHA)
- IR units can revert to private units after 25 years
- Advising Developers and Institutional Investors on Intermediate Rent policy and liaising with CEC Housing team.
- Structuring Forward Funding deals for the delivery of Mid-Market rent units between developer, funder and operator.
- Advising on Section 75 Agreements in relation to Affordable Housing.
- Securing Registered Social Landlords (RSL’s) to acquire Affordable Housing generated by Section 75 Agreements.