Size Approx. 1.55 ha (3.84 acres)
Price Offers Invited
Planning Planning Permission in Principle
- On the instruction of Buccleuch Property
- Consented Residential Development site
- Located on the north-eastern edge of Dalkeith
- Site Area approx. 1.55 ha (3.84 acres) – excludes the Farmhouse
- Planning Permission in Principle (potential c.23-45 units)
- Section 75 Agreement signed
- Technical Pack and Closing Date Information can be found in View All Documents below
- Closing Date – Friday 11th May 2018 – 12 noon
- SOLD – to a mid market rent housing trust
Plans & Documents
Dalkeith is a traditional market town situated around the South Esk and North Esk Rivers. Approx. 8 miles from Edinburgh city centre and with a growing population of over 12,000 people, it benefits from links with the historic, cultural and recreational attractions of the capital, while featuring a wide range of local interests in and around the town. The town centre is attractively laid out with a diverse range of retailers and the historic beauty of the St Nicholas-Buccleuch Church, the tollbooth, corn exchange, watchtower and with easy access to open countryside and Dalkeith Country Park. The town is surrounded by open countryside and forms part of the crescent of similar small towns stretching from Musselburgh to the east through Dalkeith, Eskbank and Bonnyrigg to Loanhead, Roslin and Penicuik in the west.
The area benefits from a regular public transport service between Edinburgh city centre and surrounding towns. The City Bypass is approx. 2.5 miles away (Sheriffhall Junction or Northern Bypass Junction) while the town is within easy reach of the A1 as well as the A7 and A68. The Dalkeith Northern Bypass opened in 2008 negating the need to travel through the town centre to reach the City Bypass at Sheriffhall. The 3.5 mile bypass combines a new junction on the Edinburgh City Bypass east of Sheriffhall with the A68 to the south of Dalkeith. The closest train station is at Eskbank on the Borders Railway Line, with a journey time of approx. 20 minutes into Edinburgh. There are regular and frequent bus services to Edinburgh’s city centre with an average journey time of 45 minutes.