Size 321 PBSA studio beds
Price Offers Invited (FF basis)
Opportunity to Forward Fund a Prime Student Accommodation Development in Glasgow City Centre
- Detailed planning consent for 321 PBSA studio beds (Ref: 23/00919/FUL)
- Total amenity space: 17,513 sq.ft (1,627 sq.m) = over 5 sq.m per bed
- Sustainability: EPC “B” (with EPC “A” to be targeted during design and construction) / No on-site combustion of fossil fuels
- Anticipated Practical Completion: May/June 2026 (Construction start date is May/June 2024)
- Developer: Artisan Real Estate – excellent track record of delivery (2023 Winner “Excellence in Sustainability” Scottish Home awards)
- Rental Income: GOI / NOI provided by Homes For Students (with strong prospects for rental / NOI growth)
- 75% of full-time students in Glasgow are unable to access PBSA
- Guide Net Initial Yield: 5.85% reflecting a GDV (net of costs) of £60.382m
- Joint agency with Ryden
- Watch the video here
- Offers invited
- For further information or viewing details, please contact the joint selling agents
Glasgow is Scotland’s largest and most populous city, and is also Scotland’s commercial capital. The City of Glasgow is the third most populous city in the UK and is also the UK’s largest retail capital after London.
The site is located on the junction of St Vincent Street and Pitt Street in an area that represents the meeting of two urban character areas – the Georgian and Victorian area around Blythswood Square and the much changed late 20th century and early 21st century cityscape to the west of the site.
It lies within the west part of the Central Business District and to the immediate south of Glasgow’s cultural area and is located next to the Category A listed St Columba’s Gaelic church. It is outwith the Glasgow Central Conservation Area which is situated immediately to the east of the site.
The site is ideally located within easy walking/cycling distance of a wide range of retail, leisure, transport and further education establishments. Glasgow Airport is located to the west and can be reached via a 13 minute car journey, or 20 minute bus.