Size Approx. 0.6 ha (1.48 acres)
Planning Detailed Consent for Hotel
- Development Site
- Acquired for S Harrison Developments Ltd
- Approx. 0.6 ha (1.48 acres)
- Hotel consent (circa 200 keys)
- Approx. 3.5 miles from Edinburgh City Centre
- Strong location with connectivity along major routes
- Significant development taking place in close proximity
Ocean Point 2 is located within Edinburgh’s vibrant area of Leith, approx. 3.5 miles to the north of the city centre. Surrounding land uses include residential, commercial, retail and civic. There are several direct bus routes with frequent services to the city centre, approx. every 8 minutes, and only 15 minutes by car. The proposed tram extension will stop close to the site.
The nearby Shore area has been intensely redeveloped and regenerated since 1980’s and is the focus of Leith’s vibrant bar and restaurant scene – it has the highest concentration of Michelin starred restaurants in Scotland.
Local amenities include Ocean Terminal shopping centre minutes from the site and which hosts the Royal Yacht Britannia. The Shore is also the location of the Leith Festival & Edinburgh Mela.