Size Approx. 0.107 ha (0.263 acres)
Planning Detailed Consent for Student Housing
- Consented Student Housing development site
- Strong Edinburgh student housing location in Gorgie
- Planning consent for 120 student bed studios with associated facilities, access, landscaping and cycle storage
- Planning Ref: 16/01999/FUL
- Building Warrant granted for demolition – ref: 16/01441/DEM
- Site area approx. 0.107 ha (0.263 acres)
Murieston Crescent is located in Gorgie between Gorgie Road and Dalry Road just to the west of Edinburgh City Centre – approx. 1.5 miles from Princes Street. This area of the city offers an excellent bus service which makes this site ideally placed for access to the city centre, Haymarket Station and surrounding areas.
The immediate area has a wide variety of amenities including Murieston Park, which the site overlooks and Harrison Park, shops, supermarkets (Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Co-op), restaurants and bars. Dalry Swim Centre and the Fountain Park Leisure Complex (including restaurants, cinema, casino bowling and entertainment centre) are within walking distance – approx. 10 minutes’ walk. BT Murrayfield Stadium and Tynecastle stadiums are a few streets away. The National Cycle Network (Route 1) also passes nearby.
Gorgie which is now established as a key student housing location for students from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh University, Napier University, Edinburgh College, Edinburgh College of Art and MGA Academy. They are easily accessible via public transport which is available nearby – approx. 4 minutes’ walk to Gorgie Road.