Size Approx. 0.46 ha (1.14 acres)
- Mixed Use Development Site
- Acquired for S Harrison Developments Ltd
- Site area approx. 0.46 ha (1.14 acres)
- Vacant and cleared site
- Approx. 3 miles from Edinburgh City Centre
- Potential for residential or student housing, subject to planning
- Well established connectivity along major routes
- S Harrison were subsequently granted planning for 269 student beds
Gorgie Road is a popular and well established area situated west of Edinburgh City Centre. There are a wide range of amenities locally including a 24-hour ASDA superstore and Edinburgh West Retail Park with an ALDI and a Marks and Spencer Food Hall. Hermiston Gait and the Gyle shopping centre are a short drive away. Recreational facilities nearby include the Edinburgh Corn Exchange with World of Football and ten pin bowling, Fountain Park multi complex, Nuffield Health Club and Craiglockhart Sports Centre. There are several golf courses in the area.
The area has excellent connectivity with regular bus services are available to the city centre and Edinburgh International Airport via Slateford railway station which is approx. 0.5 miles away. The Edinburgh City Bypass is a short drive away (approx. 3 miles) giving access to the M8 and M9 motorways leading to the west and the north and to the A1 leading to the south.
Three of Edinburgh’s universities, Edinburgh Napier, Heriot-Watt University and the University of Edinburgh, are all easily accessible from the site.