Size Approx. 5.46 ha (13.5 acres)
Price Offers Invited
Planning Detailed Consent
Closing Date Friday 4th December - 12 noon
CLOSING DATE SET – Friday 4th December – 12 noon
- Residential development opportunity
- For Sale or Joint Venture to deliver Phases 1&2
- Net Developable Area 13.5 acres (5.46 ha)
- Prime location adjoining Bio Quarter and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- 338 residential units proposed re-mix of Phases 1&2:
- 215 private units / 123 Affordable units
- Private units: 62% houses/colonies; 38% apartments
- Existing detailed planning consent ref: 18/00508/AMC
- Phases 3&4 under offer to housebuilders
- Suitable for Private For Sale, Affordable Housing and BTR
- Available as a whole or as separate phases
- Technical information available in the Data Room
- Closing date information available below
- Joint agency with Savills
Phases 1 & 2 at Edmonstone offer a unique opportunity to create a high quality and high amenity residential district in Edinburgh adjoining Edinburgh BioQuarter and The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. Edmonstone
is located in the south east of Edinburgh, close to the existing suburbs of Little France, Danderhall and Gilmerton.
Edmonstone is accessed from The Wisp, with Tweedsmuir Drive, one of the internal site access roads constructed and the second principle access road due to be delivered as part of the initial infrastructure of Phases 3 & 4.
Edinburgh BioQuarter, extending to 167 acres adjacent to Edmonstone, is undergoing an exciting transformation which will hugely benefit the subject site and its desirability to potential homebuyers. It has grown to become a leading UK centre of excellence for health research, teaching and healthcare,with companies based here responsible for are responsible for medical and life sciences innovation. There are already over 8,000 people who either work or study at the existing BioQuarter facilities, with patients in addition to this. This will only increase as the remaining land is developed.