Size Approx. 5 acres (2 ha)
Scarlett Land and Development acted for Platform_ on this Edinburgh Build-to-Rent (BTR) site acquisition and site assembly of the former John Lewis Depot at 14 Bonnington Road Lane (jointly with Savills), The Bonnington Centre on and 2-4 Bonnington Road Lane.
- Build to Rent
- Total site area approx. 5 acres (2 ha)
- Planning: submitted in May 2020 for 527 units across the three assembled sites
- Units: 527 apartments in a mix of studios, one bedroom, two bedrooms and three bedrooms, with on-site concierge
and maintenance staff, communal amenity spaces including residents’ lounges, communal workspaces, and
- Affordable Housing: 25% affordable housing to be achieved equating to 130 new affordable homes
- Planning Ref: 20/01932/FUL
- Details: Demolition of existing buildings and redevelopment comprising build to rent residential accommodation, commercial uses, associated landscaping and infrastructure.
Read more about the acquisition of the former John Lewis site here
Read more about the proposed development here